Monday, July 9, 2007

I'm Back

Much to my displeasure, I have returned home.

Crap.

For years and years I have been going on the same trip, to the same place, at the same time. And every year it becomes harder and harder to come back. I always have things that I cannot wait to return to, like my cats, my bed, and my shower. (The place at which I stay has a shower with the lowest water pressure possible. It is incredibly hard to rinse my hair.) This year was especially bittersweet. The trip was fun, but i missed Timmy horribly. (Actually, I think my mom missed him more than I did, to tell the truth.) So coming home to him made leaving bearable. Otherwise, I would currently be in a state of shock, possibly still laying face down in my bed. Or on the floor, that's more dramatic.

I wish I could just move there. Or even just stay a few extra days. This year was so short. Now that I'm home, it seems as though I was only there for a day or two.

There is talk of not going next year. Mom says that if we take our trip to Italy, then we won't go on out yearly Trip to Harbor. Now that's rough. I've never been to Italy, and I know it would be fricken AMAZING...but, give up the Harbor trip? The trip I have been taking every year since I was four? I don't think I can make that descision. I'll put that right up there with the "where should I go to college?" descision. I can't think about it right now. And either way I decide, I won't be entirely happy. But maybe one never can.

No comments: