Friday, June 15, 2007

yeah

So, it's been a while. So what?

School, or as i like to call it, the required waste-of-time-hell-hole of death, is finally and completely out for summer. Going on two weeks now. Let us take a moment of silent rejoicing.

*silently rejoices*

Sigh. I have quickly sunk into my summer routine, but of course with a few changes from previous summers. Basically my days go as thus:

*stay up reading untill the birds start chirping (4:30) or until the sky goes from black to blue (5:30)
*get some sleep
*wake up no later than 11 (this is where i stray from past summers, where i usually rolled out of bed at around 1)
*stumble down stairs for a bite to eat, then proceed to lay on the couch and finish reading the book i started the night before. (I have read four books so far, at this rate, my stash is going to run out, egads!)
*get a call from someone, or make the call myself to make plans for the night
*get dressed. the day starts at 5 'o clock
*stay out late
*shower, pick out a new book, and the process starts over

Throw in some movies, food, and ice cream, and that is the beggining phase of my summer in a nutshell.

But then the trips start. More on that later.

~~~CHANGE OF SUBJECT~~~

Got my report card today in the mail. They should'nt waste the postage, becuase it isn't like I care about grades. I don't study, I don't try, and I don't care. I want to care sometimes...I am just inncapable of caring about a label that society chooses to stamp on people's heads. I live in an age where a persons worth is measured by GPA as an adolescent and by monetary value as an adult. On top of that, you get judged by the way you look. I absolutly depise this system. But I play the game. You have to play the game in order to acheive the status where people finally leave you alone just enough so you can do what you want with your life. But first you have to play the game. The higher-education-I-have-a-purpose-in-life game. Pass the classes. Play the sports. Know the right people. So I play. As minimally as I can, but still I play. Hoping like anything that society progresses as fast as it has in the last few decades and people can finally forget about the man-made drama, and just live. Just wake up when you want to, put on the clothes that make you FEEL good, talk and be with the people you like and just live and be like God wanted us to in the first place. Shed all the smog and pollution we have created and just eat and live...crap. I'm starting to sound to much like a hippy. Need to avoid that. Hippies don't shower...I, personally, am very fond of being clean. It's just a quirk of mine I guess...

2 comments:

Josh said...

You know, most people would come and look at your society rant and be like wtf that is not how things work, my GPA is seriously important!! But yeah, they are not aware that everything is just relative, and when you finally shed your GPA you take on a monetary responsibility which becomes the equivalent.

However, I agree. We have to play the game, we have to play by the rules, because we aren't greater than society. I like to break social mores myself, that's why I had such an easy time shitting on football. Many people expect me to be Johnny High-school (taking a leaf out of 10 things I hate about you) and be like the captain of the football team, but honestly shit doesn't matter. People just need to live. People just need to live. People. Just. Need. To. Live. Fuck societal pressure. All it has ever done is fuck the world up and suppress individualism. That is not the kind of world I want to live in.

Mina said...

kudos to us, josh!!!