Monday, March 5, 2007

I am eating a very lovely burger right now

Ok, I have to make this short because I have to finish getting ready and then head out for rehearsal. We're off-book tonight and I am kinda nervous...just ever so slightly...

Anyway, on the knitting front, it has become somewhat of a fad among the girls in the cast. Not that I have anything against more people embracing knitting, I just can't take anymore novelty yarn! But I digress. A majority of girls are also asking me if I would knit them all fingerless gloves, and they would pay me. Sorry, the answer is no. I didn't teach myself to knit to get commissioned into projects. It takes all the joy out of it for me. I may sound like a snob but I knit what I want, when I want to. I do not wish to fall to the power of supply and demand. There. I said it. Presents are a different story. which is why I am making said gloves for my aunt. Although I don't really want to give them to her because I know she will never wear them because she "doesn't want to ruin the pretty stitches." They are being made out of some good sturdy wool, and it will take alot to ruin those stitches.

To stray from the knitting fad of the moment and broaden my skills (not to mention take up time that should be spent learning my lines, did I mention we are off-book today???) I have taken up crochet. I first learned when I was about four but I never actually made anything. So, I took a trip to the bookstore and picked up a copy of The Happy Hooker and I have relearned the art of crochet, and quite frankly, I'm hooked. (Pun fully intented) I am actually almost donoe with my first project, that I started yesterday. It is a cute little square purse made from some vintage cotton my mom pulled out of an ancient stash. All this cotton was left-over from a blanket that needs to be finished, that was started by my grandmother who knows how long ago. It is really cool. The blanket needs to be all sewn together (all the squares are finished allready) and blocked.

1 comment:

Josh said...

"I do not wish to fall to the power of supply and demand. There. I said it."


soon you will fall to Capitalism my young friend. soon.