Monday, February 5, 2007

Lazy Monday

This is the first lazy Monday I have had since Christmas vacation. I got up at 6:30 this morning only to get a call from my school letting me know that school was canceled. Not because of snow, since we only have a few inches, but because of a problem with the building. I have a new found love for that stupid old building now. Seriously. I used to hate it. It was built back in the 70's, badly, and is not functional at all. And since it is a private school, it gets no government money for anything. Which has led to this glorious problem which has given me the day off. I hope it is a very large problem that will take days to fix.

Because of this day off, I have been able to do some things I haven't had time for. Like sleep in. THAT was nice. To be able to go BACK to bed after getting up in the morning is a dream I have every weekday. I have been able to have time to get over my cold. The FOURTH ONE since August. (I am going to rant about that everyday until I get better!!!) I even got to rearrange my bedroom furniture, getting my bed out from under the stupid window that lets all the cold air in which probably caused part of my cold. I love moving my furniture around. Makes life more interesting. I'm still not finished with that and would like to try putting my chair someplace else. I can also get ahead on psych homework, instead of fall behind, which needless to say is more common. I finished my lace-up fingerless gloves, which turned out fantastic and I have been able to really tackle my first moebius knitting project. It is a cat bed, designed by Cat Bordhi. I just love her designs and I am trying my best to do this project justice. I'm a little worried that I don't have enough yarn (EEK!). And I am also worried about whether or not I am doing this moebius thing right. I know I should have started with something smaller, but I am so impatient. This will also be my first felting attempt. Although, I think before I felt this I might make a felted wallet to test the felting waters. After that I can finish my pumpkin purse and then on to more socks! WOOO!

No comments: