Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weekend Updates

Scarf for Halee? Finished! Matching scarf for me? Started! Homework? Not started! Food? Too lazy to make it and thus have a headache! Moebius cat bed? Getting there...

I really need to stop my habit of starting a project before I finish the one I'm working on. I currently have three projects going, but at least I finished Halee's scarf. It came out SOOOOOO good!!! I used Lions Brand Super Chunky Wool-ease in white held together with Caron Bliss in cotton candy on size 11 needles. (cast on 15 stitches, work in 1x1 ribbing for desired length, bind off and add fringe with trusty crochet hook.) Now, I am not one for novelty yarns. In fact, I hate when people have obsessions with novelty yarns!!! Don't get me wrong, they have their place, but when someone only knits with novelty...? *shudders* but in a scarf for a seven year old? Caron Bliss was, well, bliss to work with. It is so soft, and the color is so vibrant! And that is why as soon as I finished the fringe on Halee's, I immediatly casted on for a version for myself. I loved how the pink color sticks out from behind the white of the wool-ease. It looks good enough to eat. When I bought the yarn, I wasn't sure how well holding the two yarns together would turn out. I was a little worried. But as soon as I started knitting I knew I had hit gold. I just HOPE HOPE HOPE that Halee likes it. I mean, I do...so I guess if she doesn't like it, I'll keep it!

I took John with me to buy the yarn the other day. He is really funny when I get him around yarn. As I skimmed through the yarn isles trying to ignore the overabundance of NOVELTY *ggrrarrrarrr* he was trailing behind me, squeezing all the yarn, and laughing to himself. I am really thinking about teaching him how to knit. So I can share the joys of knitting with him while avoiding the curse of the boyfriend sweater.

Right now I really should be getting to my homework. As I predicted, I left it all for Sunday. Go me...

No comments: